Butterfly Migration

I want to share something beautiful I have witnessed for the first time.

I was sitting on our upper deck yesterday evening looking at the lagoon, when I noticed dozens of yellow butterflys sweeping by. I stood there for a while to take in is lovely sight and noticed that they just kept coming and coming. It finally dawned on me that this may be a butterfly migration. When I got up this morning, sure enough, it was still going on. I looked up "yellow butterfly migration in Belize" on Google, and I was right. Every year in July about this time the Yellow Sulfur butterfly migrates south. Just south of us is Honduras, so I am guessing that is where they are going. This beautiful migration goes on for about a week. I could sit here for hours and watch this. I wish my grandkids were here to watch this with me.

It's a quiet, slow day today, but that is all about to change soon. This weekend begins a very packed schedule. The Abernathy's, Craig and I will be going to several churches to help with 3 children's crusades and to do teaching sessions for a couple of churches on how to set up and teach Sunday School. We are also trying to get our Working permits here in Belize. It has been quite and ordeal that we are hoping to wrap up soon. We would appreciate your prayers so that we can get these permits.

My niece, Rebekah, turns 39 today. I remember the day she was born. She had a complication at birth and the doctors said there was a good chance she may be mentally retarded. What they did not factor in was that we serve a great God who is our healer. Today, Rebekah is not mentally challenged, but she is brilliant. She has a college degree in accounting.

Happy birthday Becca. Sissy loves you very much!

I am going to say goodbye for now because I have to sit and stare at butterfly's for a while.

Carolyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Pablo and his family

Raising a ‘Gibnut’

Belize City Service