Breakfast Burrito

Good morning friends.  I just thought I'd tell you what we do on a day when we are not going somewhere to teach or minister.

Today we walked to the end of our block and ate breakfast at a little place called Chix. They serve the best chicken, also donuts which are not so great and breakfast sandwiches. We got a potato, egg and bacon burrito and split it. Ok, yes, I did get a glazed donut too, which we also split, though I admit I ate the lions share of the donut. We brought our own coffee because the Mayan girls that cook there make it so strong you can stand a spoon straight up in it.

After we ate, we walked across to street to the sea side to check out the beach area there. No one keeps up that area of the beach so it is full of sea grass. There is a small area you could swim in near a resort area. We may go there some day. No one else swims there, so it is nice and private.

Then we walked down the road a bit to a tiny health food store. It was very expensive. We can get most of what was sold there at the grocery store near us. By the time we got back home we were soaked and had to shower. This was 8:00 in the morning!  Pictured below is our home in Maya Beach.



After we got home I checked our email and chatted with my dear friend, Ginger. Then I started on this blog.

I think I will make some sweet potato bread today. It's so easy. You just use one cup cooked, mashed sweet potato and one cup of any type flour. Mix these together and brown in a pan. This is gluten and carb free if you use gluten free flour. I made some last night and it was pretty good.

Craig is preparing for a minister training class that he is teaching tomorrow. It's about 2 hrs away in the village called San Marco.  Today I'll be preparing my Sunday School lesson also.

Other than doing the usual house cleaning, it will be a pretty quite day.

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. May God bless you today. Remember, we would love to hear from you.

Carolyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Pablo and his family

Raising a ‘Gibnut’

Belize City Service