Not if your fixen to take up a load today

Every Sunday after service as we drive out of the village we wave goodbye to a family that lives in a wooden shack and a few chickens. The shower is an outdoor "building" made up of old boards, old advertising signs and bits of plastic. Sometimes you see the little ones dart across the yard in their birthday suits.  So cute----so sad.

Well guess who was in Sunday School today!? Four little kids and their mom came walking up the path to the church after we had already started church. We welcomed the kids into class and told the mom to go into the building for the adult class.

These were all nicely dressed people, by Myan standards. Clean and neatly groomed. It wasn't until we were driving out of the village that we looked over to wave at the family we always wave goodbye to that we realized our new quests were our "naked children" village family.
The mom and children all responded to the altar call. The mother told us    that she would be attending regularly. Praise God!

Now the funny part of this story. We were telling the story about the day of Pentecost today and explaining to the children that they too could go to heaven if they obey Acts 2:38. I went around the class and asked several of the children individually if they would like to go to heaven. They all smiled and said "yes", except one little boy from the village home I have been telling you about in this blog. He looked very scared and shook his head no. I chuckled a little and told him I did not mean we were going right now.

Reminds me of the story preachers tell when they ask the congregation who would like to go to heaven. One man raises his hand and says, "Yes, but not if your getting up a load to go right now."

Here's a picture of our church. We are all soaked sponges by the time we leave in this 90 degree plus weather.  I hate drinking my water in front of the little ones.  Sometimes they watch me an smack their lips.  If I have an extra bottle with me I give it to them. Otherwise I give them sips from the cap of my bottle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Pablo and his family

Raising a ‘Gibnut’

Belize City Service