Meet Pablo and his family

This is a story about God’s pursuit of man.

A few weeks ago the power in our house went out. Since it was a hot day, I decided to do my bible reading out on our porch to try to catch a cooling breeze. As I was reading, I heard voices on the street below our house calling up to me. I looked over the railing and three women. They told me they were looking for  domestic work and did I know of anyone that was hiring. I told them I was sorry, but I did not. They smiled and started to walk away. As they began to leave, the Lord prompted me to invite them up to sit and rest and have something to drink. They gladly accepted my offer, as is common here. As we talked, they began to open up to me as to why they had to look for work outside their homes.  One women told me her husband had passed 3 years ago and that she was trying to raise  three children on her own. The other women, Pablos wife, shared with me that her husband was an alcoholic, and was therefore drinking the families money away.

It was right then that I knew why God had sent these women to my porch. I asked them if I could pray for them. As I began to pray, tears began to flow and the power and presence of God touched all of us. All of these women live in the same village, so I asked them if Craig and I could come and pray for their families, especially the alcoholic husband, Pablo. They were surprised we would be willing to come to their village,which is about a 45 minute trip from our house.
When we arrived, Pablo was sitting on a hammock in his living room waiting for us. Tears were flowing down his face as he told us he was afraid that we would not show up. He went on to say that he was tired of his alcoholism and wanted to give his life to God. Needless to say, we were thrilled.

We explained the biblical plan of salvation as given in the second chapter of Acts in the Bible.
Pablo expressed his desire to be baptized in the name of Jesus as soon as possible. We arranged to come back the following Sunday, which happened to be Easter Sunday.  The pictures below show
Pablo and his niece, Diana, being baptized in the creek that flows behind their home at 6:00 in the morning.  The large group picture is Pablo with his immediate and extended family.

Now you can see why I began this blog saying that is a story of God’s pursuit of man. If those women  had not walked down my street, had my power not been out, had I not been sitting outside on my porch, this encounter would never have happened. Oh yes, Pablo has never touched a drop of alcohol since the day of his baptism, and even though he had been a hard drinker for 29 years, he never experienced any alcohol withdrawals.

Thank you Lord Jesus for your great mercy!



Comments

  1. Hello, Brother and Sister McKenzie! My family is cruising your area and will be in Belize on 5/23! Would love to connect if you are available! Our email address is hedges071109@ymail.com. We would love to see the works in Belize and share our own testimony about God healing our newborn daughter! Look forward to hearing from you!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raising a ‘Gibnut’

Belize City Service